Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been with my puppy Nala all day today, and she hasn't fallen or run in to anything. Up until around 10:00 Pm she was fine. When I tried to pick her up off the couch she growled at me and I thought she was just upset I had woken her up. But when I set her down on the floor she had problems getting up, and started limping when she did. Now she can't put any weight on her back right leg. I don't understand what's happening? I'm going to call the vet tomorrow, but I thought maybe someone here might know. This may be completely unrelated, but at the beginning of the week she was sick and vomiting but she's been fine since then. Could this be Hip Displaysia? Or what? I'm really worried about her... Thanks.

·
Registered
510 Posts
It's tough to say, especially since you say there's no chance she could have done anything to herself while playing or rough housing. It would have to be a pretty severe case of HD to start showing symptoms in such a young pup.
Please keep us posted on what the vet says, best of luck.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
ACLs can happen from quick running turns, so could mild sprains and things for that matter. If she was all hopped up on adrenaline playing she might not have noticed until she came in and was resting again. I hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ACLs can happen from quick running turns, so could mild sprains and things for that matter. If she was all hopped up on adrenaline playing she might not have noticed until she came in and was resting again. I hope she feels better soon.
That's exactly what our vet said. She prescribed some pain medicine and told us to check back Monday. I always jump to the worst conclusions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts