Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I'm going to be getting a Boston Terrier puppy at the beginning of April. I've read up on some dog foods and I want to try the Acana puppy small breed. I can't seem to find the puppy formula online or in stores. The stores I found online will not ship to the US. Does anybody know if the puppy formula is available in the US and if so where can I get it? Thanks

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
There are lots of good foods that can be found in the US. Why not go to dogfoodadvisor.com and pick another 4 or 5 star food you can get here?

·
Registered
62 Posts
The grain free ones are rated for all stages of life if you can find them. Petflow.com has them for sale online.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some of the Acana foods (those with grains) cannot be shipped to the US because of restrictions on contents. Some say it's because of the milk thistle.
I found this out when I tried to buy the Acana Small Breed.
Instead, I bought the Wellness Small Breed. My two tiny ladies love it and are doing well on it so far.
I will be getting a new puppy in July and plan to feed him the Wellness also.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
The Acana Classic lines are not available in the US. Due to the inclusion of milk thistle for some reason. Milk thistle is approved as a supplement but not as an ingredient in food... so, yeah.

The USA does now have their new Singles line (duck & pear, lamb & apple, chicken and potato). :) We're using the duck with great success. Will be trying lamb next. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts