Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My puppy prefers wet food. Right now we mix dry food with Health Extension canned food, and I'm planning to switch to something better. What do you recommend for canned food?

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Are you talking about the Vet's Choice: Health Extension? Because that is a pretty good food, I would feed it if I could get it.

But for others, I feed all but the beef stew of 4 health's can food. I don't know if it's a fluke but my dog's get sick off of only that one and most of the ones we have bought were mainly gravy rather than meat, but again could have been a fluke.

I used to feed TOTW's canned food, and have also tried Canidae, the fresh pet rolled food (still use this from time to time), and wellness.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the Vet's Choice: Health Extension? Because that is a pretty good food, I would feed it if I could get it.

But for others, I feed all but the beef stew of 4 health's can food. I don't know if it's a fluke but my dog's get sick off of only that one and most of the ones we have bought were mainly gravy rather than meat, but again could have been a fluke.

I used to feed TOTW's canned food, and have also tried Canidae, the fresh pet rolled food (still use this from time to time), and wellness.
Thank you for the recommendations! Yes, it's Vet's Choice Health Extension. It's great to hear that it's good food. I'll maybe keep some Health Extension. I want to add different flavors to his diet coz he's getting very picky :(.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
My dogs love the freshpet rolled food, I just cut of a piece and divide it up between all of them. I think we normally get the chicken, but they also have beef of the one we use. You can get it at grocery stores in the pet food section, I believe we get it at food lion, and kroger, not sure if any other stores carry it as those are the only two (other than walmart and some local stores) to buy groceries around here.

We use the freshpet select, but there is also freshpet vital and freshpet deli fresh. Vital has more variety than select, and deli fresh only has chicken and turkey.

You can find if there is a store near you that has it: http://freshpet.com/

4 Health has: Chicken and rice, Lamb and rice, Salmon and potato, Turkey and Sweet Potato stew, Beef and vegetable stew (again I don't use this one), Chicken and vegetable stew.

You can get that at Tractor supply if you have one. TSC also has TOTW, Merrick, Blue and Blue wilderness, Wellness.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dogs love the freshpet rolled food, I just cut of a piece and divide it up between all of them. I think we normally get the chicken, but they also have beef of the one we use. You can get it at grocery stores in the pet food section, I believe we get it at food lion, and kroger, not sure if any other stores carry it as those are the only two (other than walmart and some local stores) to buy groceries around here.

We use the freshpet select, but there is also freshpet vital and freshpet deli fresh. Vital has more variety than select, and deli fresh only has chicken and turkey.

You can find if there is a store near you that has it: http://freshpet.com/

4 Health has: Chicken and rice, Lamb and rice, Salmon and potato, Turkey and Sweet Potato stew, Beef and vegetable stew (again I don't use this one), Chicken and vegetable stew.

You can get that at Tractor supply if you have one. TSC also has TOTW, Merrick, Blue and Blue wilderness, Wellness.
The Freshpet Select looks goods. I'm gonna look into that. Thank you so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts