Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

521 - 527 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm still working on getting those shots! I'm getting them more consistently. Now I just need to try to get them of dogs other than my own!

This was about my favorite so far:

Though I love this one and all the snow! We got over a foot yesterday.

This one the local news station chose for the pic of the day!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Enjoy the journey! I well remember my first DLSR and going "what am I doing wrong" over and over again. It took a lot of trial and error and finally some photography classes to really help me get a better control of my camera (I can't recommend the online photography classes at the Fenzi Academy enough! they're specific to dogs and animals and I have learned SO MUCH!).
That's a great idea, I'll have to look into the classes there! Thanks!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Speaking of the classes -- in case anyone is interested, the Lightroom class is offered this session and it is HUGELY worth it. I took it at the Gold level last year and it really changed my whole understanding of post-processing photos. For an example.

Before the class:

After the class:

So just in case anyone is interested! https://www.fenzidogsportsacademy.com/index.php/courses/9715 Bronze (which is only $65 so not terribly expensive) gives you all the info without access to the instructor (there are "lurker" Facebook groups though to ask other members of the class!).

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I'm improving!! (I think lol). I still haven't started doing any editing and haven't been able to take any classes, been a busy semester. But here are some raw images. Most of them could be touched up pretty easily when I get the time.

IMG_1279 by Sydney Dubchy, on Flickr

IMG_1158 by Sydney Dubchy, on Flickr

IMG_1134 by Sydney Dubchy, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
In this photo I significantly increased the oranges and yellows in the photo, as the original photo was a bit dull. Ralphie is a tad overexposed, so it's not quite as defined as I like, but I did fix it a bit with Lightroom. He still look so dignified (he was watching a combine harvesting a corn field, haha).

This was taken with my 35 mm 1.8 lens.

521 - 527 of 527 Posts