Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

501 - 520 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Oh man I feel you on that! I have made so many stupid mistakes over the years. Just the other day I was sitting outside with my dogs and had my camera with me. And my dog Ben started to roll around in the grass, something he doesn't do very often. I took a bunch of pictures. I was like "These are gonna be so cute!" Went to review them...NO CARD. My camera has no setting to stop it from pretend-taking photos when there's no card and the little "no card" thing that flashes is tiny and almost not noticeable in the viewfinder. Stupid mistakes!
So apparently the stupid mistakes are not over! On the weekend I took my camera out on the boat to get some pictures of the seals and just some of the dogs running on the beach. We didn't really see many seals that were close enough so I didn't get out my camera until near the end of the trip when we took the dogs to the beach. I get all ready to take photos and can't figure out why my camera won't come on even though it's set to "on". Stupid me left the battery at home after taking it off the charger :-(

Inga those pictures are beautiful! I love the one with the wave crashing behind the dog.

·
Registered
523 Posts
So apparently the stupid mistakes are not over! On the weekend I took my camera out on the boat to get some pictures of the seals and just some of the dogs running on the beach. We didn't really see many seals that were close enough so I didn't get out my camera until near the end of the trip when we took the dogs to the beach. I get all ready to take photos and can't figure out why my camera won't come on even though it's set to "on". Stupid me left the battery at home after taking it off the charger :-(

Inga those pictures are beautiful! I love the one with the wave crashing behind the dog.
Oh no! this is something I haven't done yet. Though I have gone out with a battery that was down to like 2% and only gotten a handful of photos before it died. I guess there's another mistake I'm going to make in the future! LOL

·
Registered
523 Posts
I got a chance to do a puppy photoshoot for my instructor's 10-week-old Border Collie puppy. I am really so happy with these photos. I feel like my photography has come a long way in the last year!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Those are beautiful crysania!
If only you lived closer, I'd have you take pictures of mine. :)
Thank you so much! And yeah, Alberta might be a bit too far from NY! lol

·
Registered
523 Posts
I thought I'd revive this thread. Mostly because I was thinking about some of my photographs and wanted to share! The one thing I've struggled with is getting photos of dogs coming right at me. They're usually moving so fast that by the time the camera focuses on their nose, I end up with shoulders or even tails in focus. I learned some new techniques this summer in a class and I'm SUPER happy with the result!

From the "Waterbark" show at our State Fair this summer

A couple of my dog Ben!

Still mad that some noise from next door made him look to the side just as he leapt!

Anyone working on anything?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Does a cell phone snap count?

2018-11-24 Geocaching with Lily by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

I've mostly been shooting videos for All Dogs Parkour entries with the girls, and the few real pictures I've taken have been trains, buildings, and butterflies. Oh, and a cemetery, but I haven't gotten around to editing those yet.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
What beautiful photos!

I always have a few of Ralphie on my camera. I was going to upload some photos the other day of our fall trip to the farm but I was having trouble, got frustrated, and quit, lol.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I thought I'd revive this thread. Mostly because I was thinking about some of my photographs and wanted to share! The one thing I've struggled with is getting photos of dogs coming right at me. They're usually moving so fast that by the time the camera focuses on their nose, I end up with shoulders or even tails in focus. I learned some new techniques this summer in a class and I'm SUPER happy with the result!]
The "coming right at you" angle is so hard! Any quick tips? Could definitely use that for getting better lure coursing pics.
My big struggle right now is white dog in the snow haha.

Edit: CUSSING CUSS. And this is exactly why I don't come here anymore. Formatting on this site is ridiculous. I give up.

I love this pic I got of my foster dog Valkyrie the day she was adopted.

And also she's a zombie! No color modification on this one, that one^ I warmed up a lot.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Haven't picked up a camera in over 6 months but found a steal of a deal on a 5d mkii and had to get it! The camera is beat up but works perfectly. Tried it for the first time today and I'm absolutely in love with the way it renders images.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I thought I'd revive this thread. Mostly because I was thinking about some of my photographs and wanted to share! The one thing I've struggled with is getting photos of dogs coming right at me. They're usually moving so fast that by the time the camera focuses on their nose, I end up with shoulders or even tails in focus. I learned some new techniques this summer in a class and I'm SUPER happy with the result!

From the "Waterbark" show at our State Fair this summer

A couple of my dog Ben!

Still mad that some noise from next door made him look to the side just as he leapt!

Anyone working on anything?
Great results....I could use some tips. I often have dogs running at me photos and also struggle with having only the tail in focus!

IMG_5603ac by rzyg, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I got a Canon Rebel T6 for Christmas and it has been quite the learning curve to say the least lol. It's my first non-point and shoot camera. I'm nowhere near good, but seeing as I spent the first 48 hours with the camera trying to figure out why it wasn't storing/capturing pictures to finally realize I just wasn't holding the button down long enough to actually take the picture, I think I've made a lot of improvement.

Sorry for the sideways one, can't figure out how to fix it.

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
You are an extremely dedicated and talented photographer. I usually just sit in the background and enjoy your pictures. I’m usually excluded from judging anything artistic as my artistic ability is next to 0.

While playing sports and especially in auto racing, I met many photographers. All seemed to be trying to get that ultimate shot showing the atlhlete’s maximum effort in the winning moment. It was mostly a matter of luck and trying to guess the optimum place and moment to be there, camera directed exactly perfect. Many produced “good” photographs but the “excellent “ evaded most. When the highspeed electronic shutter and movie like frame options came about it became easier to select that “one special” shot out of a string.

I’m sure you are aware of this and perhaps you are using it to get some of the really nice shots you have posted.

From a player’s view point you have that extreme drive to “play to win”. I find that admiral and wish you all the best for your efforts.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I got a Canon Rebel T6 for Christmas and it has been quite the learning curve to say the least lol. It's my first non-point and shoot camera. I'm nowhere near good, but seeing as I spent the first 48 hours with the camera trying to figure out why it wasn't storing/capturing pictures to finally realize I just wasn't holding the button down long enough to actually take the picture, I think I've made a lot of improvement.

Sorry for the sideways one, can't figure out how to fix it.

View attachment 246210

View attachment 246212

View attachment 246216
Enjoy the journey! I well remember my first DLSR and going "what am I doing wrong" over and over again. It took a lot of trial and error and finally some photography classes to really help me get a better control of my camera (I can't recommend the online photography classes at the Fenzi Academy enough! they're specific to dogs and animals and I have learned SO MUCH!).

501 - 520 of 527 Posts