Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an eight month old pitbull pup who can get out of anything. I travel all summer vending at festivals, and my mom was going to watch Kira, well...she jumps the fence, 4ft, clears it every time. She gets out of the kennel, eight feet tall, she opens the door, even with several bungies on it. She opens sliding glass and screen doors, as well as some doors with knobs.

My mom lives near a busy highway, it's about a half a mile away, and when she gets out, she runs. I had my cat hit there, and our neighbor had two dogs hit there.

Leaving her indoors isn't an option because she is destructive, our last option would be to crate her, but twelve hours is a long time (my mom works shifts).

Anybody got any helpful suggestions? They would be gratefully needed and appreciated....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probably going to have to. we tried it one other time...but she just tangle herself up and gagged herself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh...ha. Well, I guess that is an option. We tried the bungies though, and those didn't work at all. Even with them pulled as tight as they could go. So I don't see how a chain would make much of a difference either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts