Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband bought me a Cane Corso puppy (or so we think) last Friday for our anniversary. He paid $2000. He was supposedly born may 27th. After doing some research I really feel like my husband was ripped off. Not that it matters now, I’m love with my new pup. But just curious. He’s 7 weeks 3 days and only weighs 6 lbs. other posts I’ve read, people are saying that there 7-9 week olds weigh 20-35 lbs. thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
7,306 Posts
Did the pup come with registration papers? If not, I'm sorry to say but I think you are right. I can't imagine a breed as large as a Cane Corso would only weigh 6 lbs at 7 weeks. What's done is done, and don't want you to feel I'm picking on you, but in the interest of learning for the future, this is why it is so important to go to a reputable breeder. Your husband likely could have paid the same price and gotten a purebred pup from health tested parents, with a health guarantee and life long support from the breeder.

However, as I said, what's done is done, and you clearly love your pup very much, so we need to see pictures!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are pics of the parents and older brother ( Grey is mom, Black is dad and tan is brother) and then the little black one is my pup, Koa.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Sorry, but your husband paid a lot of money for a mutt. Nothing wrong with mutts. The dad and the brother do not look like purebred Cane Corsos at all. I'd pay $2000 in a bet that DNA testing would not have your pup as a purebred CC. Again, nothing wrong with mutts and I love them. I'm just sorry that your husband was scammed, and that an irresponsible breeder was able to make $2000.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Definitely not purebred. For next time, a reputable breeder would not sell puppies at 7 weeks old. But lesson learned at least, the mistake won't be made again I'm sure. Maybe your husband is exaggerating how much he paid to impress you ;-) But your puppy is adorable, whatever mix he is! He might be part CC by the look of his colours and the dad might be part CC (maybe mixed with lab)? The mom looks like a bully breed.

Good luck with your puppy! This forum is a great place to get information and ask questions :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep, sorry, not a purebred Corso. My small purbred girl weighed 15 lbs at 8 weeks, and is now 21 lbs at 9 1/2 weeks. But it's not just weight, yours doesn't look like a corso.

That said, your pup is still adorable! And you can file a charcoal against the breeder in small claims court. At a minimum, I would call the local DA to report. They do not take kindly to fraud like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.