Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my cane corso “Rambo” is one year old.i have a problem while he’s playing with me he wants to bite my hands. I saw on the internet that while he begin doing that i should leave the room.. i did all of that still not working..and if i scream “No” he doesn’t stop, he wants to continue playing bite. So for him to stop i bring treats and he will do what i order him

·
Registered
227 Posts
i have a problem while he’s playing with me he wants to bite my hands...for him to stop i bring treats and he will do what i order him
Dogs don't understand NO - at any volume - until you teach them what it means! Sometimes it will work to momentarily disrupt or pause what they're doing without prior training, but even then it's important to follow up with a command they know telling them what to do!

If you want NO to be effective, use it as a marker followed by a sharp correction...everytime! Then NO will begin to have some predictive meaning for them.

Also, never use a treat as a bribe! If the dog doesn't listen until it sees that you have a treat you need some help with your timing. Consider a session or 2 with a trainer to help show you how to go about that. It will be more helpful than you can imagine, and will save you lots of time and trouble with your training.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hired three different trainers,they always used treats as a reward,and a choke collar.he learned three times basic obedience.but still sometimes he will run all over the house and want to do whatever he wants and doesn’t take my orders.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I hired three different trainers,they always used treats as a reward,and a choke collar.he learned three times basic obedience.but still sometimes he will run all over the house and want to do whatever he wants and doesn’t take my orders.
Then he (a) didn't learn, or (b) you did not properly maintain that training! No training is a "one-and-done" deal. It's ongoing, and it's imperative to be consistent in enforcing your rules each and every time...

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
My dog was never given any house rules except "leave the cats alone!"

He has, on occasion, stood on the dining room table and he has stood on the porch table. I never discipline these things.. because he comes when I call so I just call him.

He will lie down, go to his bed, go to his crate all on command but rarely do I need to tell him. Learning to "settle" in the house is a "job." I taught him early on and in small increments and I made "settling" rewarding with a raw bone or kong stuffed with yogurt and frozen.

I lock up the trash. I don't leave food on the table or counter and when he was a little guy I put things away that I did not want him to have.

Now at age 5 he just settles when I settle though he sometimes plays with his toy or asks me to play with him with a toy. No drama. No yelling.

My last 5 dogs were raised the same way and acted the same way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts