Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'm sorry. She was a beautiful dog and that is a beautiful tribute.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Some jerk on my personal FB page (not the dog one) just tried to give me crap because Jack is fat.

You cannot make this stuff up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sorry about your friend dogsule. i thought i was the only one with cancered dogs. i had a rottweiler that died of bone cancer before his 4th birthday. extremely smart dog. then my other rottweiler died at 8 with bone cancer. the first one was accepted into a research program with a drug called lodi,, i had to give him a shot every day and the tumor was shrinking but still only got 6 months and a 10 thousand dollar bill that was paid in full by the program. the second one i found the tumor early at the bottom of his rear leg. test came back it was cancer. i chose to have his leg amputated. when i picked him up from surgery i could not stop crying,, for what i have done to my dog. but after the hair grew back it looked normal. dr. ken birchard did a great job. we were calling him skip. but he only lived another 6 months before the bone cancer came back. sorry for all that have lost your pets and friends to this terrible disease.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Some jerk on my personal FB page (not the dog one) just tried to give me crap because Jack is fat.

You cannot make this stuff up.
Wow. Don't listen to that moron.

A few extra pounds is a good thing in this situation. I'd like Bella to have a little more reserve, but she only has three legs to support it now :/ certainly don't need her joints to hurt her.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
sorry about your friend dogsule. i thought i was the only one with cancered dogs. i had a rottweiler that died of bone cancer before his 4th birthday. extremely smart dog. then my other rottweiler died at 8 with bone cancer. the first one was accepted into a research program with a drug called lodi,, i had to give him a shot every day and the tumor was shrinking but still only got 6 months and a 10 thousand dollar bill that was paid in full by the program. the second one i found the tumor early at the bottom of his rear leg. test came back it was cancer. i chose to have his leg amputated. when i picked him up from surgery i could not stop crying,, for what i have done to my dog. but after the hair grew back it looked normal. dr. ken birchard did a great job. we were calling him skip. but he only lived another 6 months before the bone cancer came back. sorry for all that have lost your pets and friends to this terrible disease.
I'm so sorry for your losses. It's never fair - but 4 years old?! :(

I felt the same way when Bella had her leg amputated...I thought I mangled her, but I didn't have a choice since they couldn't fix the break. It was either that or euthanasia. She still has a lot of life, love and happiness to give and receive yet.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Woke up this morning to Jack screaming and unable to walk because his axillary lymph nodes blew up big time some time overnight. Appointment for euth at noon.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

41 - 60 of 73 Posts