Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me their opinion? we did a lot of research on dog foods, we found that most were filled with fillers and other "cruddy stuff". I just don't get how a dog food can be an ALS (All Life Stages) dog food. Canadae seems like a great food though. Has anybody had any experience with it?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Canidae hands down. I fed Candiae ALS to Shippo for the first two years of his life with amazing results. When they changed their ingredients, I switched to something else, but if I had to choose between that and Purina I'd choose the Canidae. None of my dogs ever did very well on Purina, compared with the results I'm getting now on a better quality food.

As far as the All Life Stages goes, canines in the wild, and raw-fed pet dogs are fed an "All Life Stages" diet and do just fine. I feed my two an ALS food (Nature's Variety) and one of my dogs is turning 9 on Valentine's Day. I believe that for the most part, "puppy food" and "senior food" is just a marketing gimmick.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Purina couldn't pay me to feed their products. I feed my dogs a rotation of quality kibbles and canned, and supplement with raw. I would definitely choose Canidae (and do). As mentioned, food for "life stages" and "breeds" is a made up money maker for hoomans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts