Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four cats, 3 were raised in my home since they were kittens, the other cat is their mama! I am not sure if my cats are the only cats who sit , stay quiet ,play command, lie down, jump, roll go up and down on, all on command.

When I have visitors they make fun of me when I tell my cat/s to sit and be quiet, and when the kitties do as told, my guests are astonished!

Do you have cats who also do that, or are mine just freaky good cats?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Wow, that's amazing! I don't have a cat anymore but when I did have one I couldn't get him to obey a single of my commands- not even "get away" or "come". I've read some people on this forum have trained their cats to obey commands but i havn't personally met anyone who has.
Btw, there's a "Other Pets" section if you want to post more on your cats:)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
My sister taught Pheobe how to sit. She was working on "stay", but that never got very far. LOL

Pheobe is very food motivated (she loves those little pill pockets that Greenies makes - I thought that was good in case she ever needs to be on a pill), so teaching her to sit was just like teaching a dog. My sister used the lure and reward meathod plus a clicker.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine are pretty good, one even knows how to fetch! That's as far as it goes though, does being able to carry on a conversation with them count?:p

They've gotta have some siamese genes in them, a very talkative bunch!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine definitely knows "come" and "get down". I've never tried to teach him stay or sit. Actually, I didn't try to teach the come or get down commands. He just learned it from interaction. He seems to know that I'm going to feed him if I say "Are you hungry?" or "Do you want to eat now?". My black Tom is very talkative, too. He meows for attention, to ask for food, if he is annoyed, or if I say something first. And he keeps meowing.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
That's extremely impressive! What is your secret??

My kitten is a siamese mix so he seems to learn some things rather quickly. He definitely learned his name really quickly and responds well I tell him no, but I'll be darned if I could get him to do ANYTHING else! He and my other cat truly live to be bad kitties! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
My sister adopted a cat a couple months back and is teaching her some tricks. So far she is doing pretty good!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Cats can definitely be trained. My cat, a manx named Bindhi, knows sit, down, hup (for jumping up on things) and come. She also wears a harness and will walk on a loose leash in places, like the video store. She actually enjoys the ride in the car, watching out the windows.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
yep. Bliixy is leash trained. She also has a good recall, down, roll over, hair(say *hair* and she will jump up on your shoulders and take your ponytail down), dance, tiger(say *tiger* and she goes ''rrowllll''), put'm up(say this one and she will rear on her hind legs and bat like a boxer) and biscuits(say this and she will jump on your shoulders and give you a kitty style massage)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts