Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CIMG0032.jpg Hello,

I found this dog about 2 months ago in my neighborhood. I posted signs everywhere, contacted local vets, police, rescues, rang doorbells, but no one ever called about him. I decided to just keep him since he seems to be very friendly and gets along well with my dog.

I can't really tell what he is and just would like to have a general idea, not that it matters. I get asked a lot on walks.

Hes super friendly, great watchdog, cuddly, playful and very energetic.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
He is gorgeous and glad you found each other. Shaggy dogs... really hard to tell. Tibetan Terrier and Westie?? Can we see his tail?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was how he looked when I first found him. I just attached a more recent photo. He has a docked tail. He has a big black nose. Kind of like a maltese....but he is pretty tall.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think that's a bichon x poodle. But I think he may be a cockapoo (sp?). Having a docked tail and his looks. Lovely cross.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Well, poodles definitely don't come in one size. It's possible.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Some type of Poodle mix. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Someone must surely be missing a lovely dog like that. Did you see if he was microchipped?

I would redo the rounds of vets and shelters again just to be sure. I hate the thought of some little girl crying her eyes out because her pup is missing. Some newspapers run "LOST/FOUND columns - have you looked into that?

It's possible his owners were visitors and he escaped from a car. How about widening your search area and calling vets and shelters in other areas. Do you have Animal Welfare Leagues or SPCA organisations. They have lost and found pages on their websites.

I would agree that it looks like a Bichon/Poodle cross.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts