Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help with what this might be? He is a cattle dog/lab mix.

It looks like pimples to me, but not sure. It is localized to under his back legs.

It doesn't seem to bother him too badly, although he will lick at it on occasion.

I have tried oatmeal shampoo and hydracortisone cream which seemed to help a bit, but it returns after a week or so.

The only medication he has had is frontline plus. His diet is ol' roy puppy.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Unless I'm seeing the picture wrong, "he" doesn't look like a "he".

Anyway, I don't know what the rash is, but many allergic rashes show up on the stomach. I would start by changing his diet. Ol Roy is probably the worst dog food on the market, containing many allergens for dogs. Look for a food without corn and having meat as its first ingredient. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"he" used to be a he, :p , we used to feed him purina puppy, then went to the ol roy, will have to look at the food when we go to the store again.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I must be seeing the pic wrong, then. LOL Did the rash start with a change in food or the frontline application? Change in cleaning products around the house? Carpet powder? Insecticde on the lawn? Fleas or flea treatment? Can you think of anything that changed in the week prior to the first outbreak?

If not, then I'd see a vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts