Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am looking for a booster car seat for Lucy. She is only 5 pounds now, will be about double that when grown. She likes to ride in car. I would like to find a booster seat so she can see out the windw that she can also be secured safely into, with a harness I guess? Can you point me in the right direction. I have been looking but I am a bit overwhelmed by all the choices and mixed reviews. Thanks!,

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
take a look at Kurgo products (google for the website). I don't have a booster seat, we have their harnesses and zipline (works best for our two dogs),

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
my dog uses my lap as a booster.
He also seems to just prefer the driver's seat in general. Maybe he just stands on me and grind his paws and claws into me so that I'd move and he can drive.....>.>

I've honestly never even knew there were boosters for small dogs. I guess it makes sense but most toy dogs I see just chill in someone's lap. I suppose technically, the safest thing to do would be to put them in the back seat with a booster and a harness....

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the Snoozer Lookout II Booster...I love it! It even has a little storage unit. I use a harness with it and I feel my dog is extremely safe while she's in it. She loves looking out the window. It is on the expensive side but it's well reviewed.

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
my dog uses my lap as a booster.
He also seems to just prefer the driver's seat in general. Maybe he just stands on me and grind his paws and claws into me so that I'd move and he can drive.....>.>

I've honestly never even knew there were boosters for small dogs. I guess it makes sense but most toy dogs I see just chill in someone's lap. I suppose technically, the safest thing to do would be to put them in the back seat with a booster and a harness....
Yikes, so dangerous (and in some states, illegal). can also be considered distracted driving and earn you a ticket that way.

If you want the dog in the front seat, set the seat all the way back as the air bags can go off in even a low speed crash and have them tethers with a harness (never to a collar).

Like with small kids, the back seat is the safest. I don't use a booster seat (big dog!) but the Kurgo products are good and the Bergan car harness is safety tested also (I have one and I like it). I would probably use a booster seat for a small dog but tether them separately to the child safety LATCH or the seat belt (make sure no kids or animals can undo the buckle though) rather than tethering them to the booster seat.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I got the snoozer Nd our first ride today went pretty well. She did move around a lot in it and puller her harness a little wonky, but it wasn't too bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts