Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we are new to this forum and we just adopted a new puppy a companion for our dog Nic. Roxy is 3 months old and weights 25lbs already. She has a black nose area and the rest of her body is dark with goldish stripes. I posted some pics of her, any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys, now we know what a brindle dog is, we have had alot of local people mention Mastiff also, can anyone see it? Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't think there's any Pit Bull in there. I've never seen those kind of markings on a dog before. It's like a Tiger! There's really no traits on her that are common in specific breeds from what I can tell.

I could be wrong, but she reminds me of a Great Dane.

The more I look at her, the more I think she's a Great Dane. One way to find out is to wait until she's grown up. It will be a dead giveaway then if i'm right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great Dane is what my wife and I thought also as we looked at puppy pics on the web, we saw her twin a couple of times..... your right..... time will tell.... but no dought she will be a big tiger...... lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
It could be a Boxer mix,or Great Dane mix.Could be a mix between the two.The black mask reminds me of either Boxer or Great Dane.Whatever one mix is,it looks like it was crossed with a German Shepard.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I see a lot of Mastiff.....but a 3-month old Mastiff might be bigger than that. Hard to tell at her age. When she gets older it might be more obvious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That black mask definitely says Mastiff of some kind. Although, the lack of a "block head" shows a definite cross. The ears say Sheppard of some sort. Is only one standing? I wonder if the other will stand up. I love the coloring. She is beautiful.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Some sort of Molosser/Bully breed. Her color is Brindle, BTW :)

I could see some Pit Bull, though if she were bigger I'd say Mastiff hands down. She's probably a mutty mutt! It will be easier to guess as she gets older.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
At 3 months old she'd be a lot bigger if she were a mastiff or great dane mix, but then again if she's mixed with something much smaller it could be possible. I think sh's made up of terrier because of her coat, coloring, and facial features.

But there are several breeds that she could be made up of, not just two or three so it's hard to pinpoint.

However she is gorgeous and looks like a real doll baby. Once she's a little older it might be easier to name breeds. You are so great for adopting this girl! :) Welcome to DF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We always adopt from the shelter, every dog my wife and I have ever owned about 8 now have been either ,abused , neglected or abandoned and it doesnt take us very long to get them back to a normal loving dog and the muttys are always so thankful to have a normal life they turn out to be the best dog you could ask for, a loyal and faithful companion!!! Our last dog lived to 16 yrs old and the day we heared about her ,was the day she was to be put down ,as no one wanted her ,she was 1yr old at the time the best dog we ever had we saved her on Friday the 13th so we named her Lucky a super smart lab/shepard mix,,,, just because they are in a shelter ,does not mean they are not worth it.....you might be surprised!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts