Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I have been surfing around this site for a while, and I just now decided to join since I had a question of my own. Can you help me identify my puppy.

Hes about 7 months old, and I was told from the shelter that he was a GSD/Husky mix. I was really only questioning it since his weight is only 44lbs at 7 months. After seeing some GSD's at puppy classes that are 5 months, and his the same size I have been really curious. I was thinking about doing one of them DNA test things. Anyone ever use one? All in all I was expecting 70lbs of dog. lol.. It doesn't really matter too much. Hes awesome!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Beautiful Dog!....looks German Shepard/Siberian Husky --- body of a Shepard -- Eyes of a Husky!

My Husky is a male and he was 47 lbs at 6 months....he's now 1 yr & he's 54 lbs.

Good Luck with your new Pup!....What is his name?:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful Dog!....looks German Shepard/Siberian Husky --- body of a Shepard -- Eyes of a Husky!

My Husky is a male and he was 47 lbs at 6 months....he's now 1 yr & he's 54 lbs.

Good Luck with your new Pup!....What is his name?:)
His name is Jersey. I guess with all the fur, I thought a husky was more the same size as a GSD. Never having a dog growing up, I wasn't too sure what to expect, but, only 5 months, and I love dogs.

I have a cat now, and he doesn't bother her at all. As you can see in the one pic, They both cuddled up with me one day when I was sick. Funny story, I have a sectional sofa, and the cat always walks along the top, one day he sat there and was watching her. 10 minutes later, he hopped up there and walked right across the top... It was soooo funny.

Does your husky yawn a lot.. I tell ya when he wakes up, he must yawn 10 times, and sooo loud. Its funny when people are over and hear him do it...

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
actually that body dosn't look very shepherdy to me. the coloring and the ears are the only thing I see as GSD

·
Registered
9 Posts
He's so beautiful. We think Siberian Husky & German Shepherd as well. Congrats on adopting a wonderful pet! We're currently waiting results of the wisdom panel mx dna test for our Dal mix and we'll see what it says. I have done some research and have read that the blood draw test is more accurate than the mouth swab test. We paid $120 at a local vet. :)
Tracey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts