Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Can you help figure out my puppy's bread?!?

973 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  BellaPup 
#1 ·
I bought my puppy from a rescue, they told me he was 1/2 Belgian Malinios and 1/2 Black Lab. But he seems so mini to me. I absolutely adore him, I only ask about his breed so I can further research his genetic traits or tendencies. I saw the "mother" (Lab), who was a medium size dog maybe 60lbs and a picture of the "father" (Malinios) who was also medium sized around 50lbs or so. My puppy is 18 weeks and 18lbs. In my opinion, that would only give him a 35-40lb adult size. Super small for that mix of breads. I'm guessing the Malinios might not be father. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated! This is my first dog, and I just want to be able to speak about my dog with some knowledge.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
He does look like a Lab x GSD mix. Maybe not a malinois ... they tend to be very alert and your pup looks more laid back?

1. Brown rings around the eyes could indicate a GSD type breed.
2. Webbed feet are a common trait of Labs (as well as other water dogs).
3. Labs love water ... from a hose, a sprinkler, in a pond.
4. Most of these breeds learn very rapidly ... start training yesterday.
5. Both breeds can be mouthy and nippy, look up Bite Inhibition.

You pup looks somewhat like mine ... 15 years ago.

#9 ·
I see boxer or something else with a shorter muzzle. Maybe with lab or GSD or even hound/cur.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.