Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dog wishbone has started having some pains in his mouth. he would yelp if he's trying to eat hard food and cant pick anything up with his mouth. he always hides under the dresser now and its kind of depressing. we took him to the vet and they checked inside of his mouth and found nothing! they put him on some medicine but now that he's getting a low dosage of the medicine, he started yelping again. it wasnt as bad as last time, but he still hides under the dresser still. his right eye turns red and looks like its trying to move a different direction!!!!!!! do you guys know what this is??? i saw a faint redness around his mouth, is that normal? the vet couldnt figure anything out and it cost us $300. we are in the middle of moving into a house so we are trying to save our money til we get settled down. why is this happening to him?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I'd get a 2nd opinion from another vet. Maybe an x ray of his head. It isn't that expensive, but will help resolve issues you can't see normally. I'd be wondering about a tumor/cyst in the jaw/by the eye.
What was the medicine the vet gave you and what was it treating?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts