Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone i know came up to me with a question the other day and you know I've never really thought about it. Can you give a dog advil or aleve? She has a dog with severe arthritis and the pain pills the vet prescribed just make her fall asleep but they really do work and she just wants her old dog back

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
No NO NO! You can usually give a buffered aspirin but you should always check with your vet before giving any medications. Not all dogs will react the same either so be very careful in giving anything.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
God no. Your friend just has to understand that she no longer has her "old dog" she has a dog that has a medical issue and be concerned with keeping her in the least amount of pain and the most comfortable.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
For joint issues, FlexPet may be a good alternative. I've heard positive things about it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excuse me but that is the whole reason she wants to know the answer to this question and she wouldnt of done it if i were to tell her i did reaserch and not to

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Excuse me but that is the whole reason she wants to know the answer to this question and she wouldnt of done it if i were to tell her i did reaserch and not to
Uh, excuse ME, but I wasn't be rude in any way. You said she had vet prescribed pain pills that WORKED but wanted to give her something else because she just slept all the time and wanted her old dog back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts