Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can there be two fathers of a litter? Just wondering because my two sisters and I each got a puppy from the same litter, and one of them looks very different from the other two. Their mother was a border-collie...but we don't know what the father(s?) was.

here's mine:

here's my sister's:

Strange, huh?

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
There most certainly can, though it's hard to believe they came from the same litter x.x

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Yes, there can be two fathers of a litter. Those two sure don't look a thing alike so you may be right.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Of course there can be.

The first one looks similar to a mutt I had here.

The 2nd a lot like a GSD.

Of course mixed breed dogs with the same father and mother can look very different from each other too.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Oh my goodness I cant believe they are from the same litter! I mean I knew there could be 2 fathers... but wow I didnt know they come out looking SUPER different.

Oh and your doggy looks SO MUCH like my Jodie!!!
See how cool!

Awe Post more pics of your pup! So cute!!!
Nessa

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
yeah yours I'd believe the BC mom, the other looks nothing like a BC it's crazy! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I figured it was possible, but wasn't positive. That's really interesting! They definitely look and act totally different.

WOAH chul3l3ies1126, I can't believe how much your Jodie looks like my Bailey! I was shocked to see that!! What kind of dog is she? Bailey's mom was a Border Collie, as I said, but I don't know what his dad could be? Maybe a lab?

I will make a thread with more pics of my babies tomorrow! :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Ok, I figured it was possible, but wasn't positive. That's really interesting! They definitely look and act totally different.

WOAH chul3l3ies1126, I can't believe how much your Jodie looks like my Bailey! I was shocked to see that!! What kind of dog is she? Bailey's mom was a Border Collie, as I said, but I don't know what his dad could be? Maybe a lab?

I will make a thread with more pics of my babies tomorrow! :)
LOL! Yea when I first saw the pic of your baby, I had to take a double take! LOL, my boyfriend walked by and was like, oh when did you take a new pic of Jodie? He couldnt believe it either hehe.
Well, us at the SPCA along with the Veterinarian decided to come to the conclusion that she is part Border Collie, and part Pit Bull. The shape of her head and body, and different antics show BC, and APBT.
Cant wait to see more pics of your guys!
Nessa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts