Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just adopted a dachshund labradoodle 7/12 week old puppy from a rescue organization. The puppy only had its first round of shots on July 29. The rescue organization told me the second round would be in two weeks. I'm a little afraid of taking her out because of the stories of parvovirus. However, the first round of shots contained the parvovirus vaccine.I asked the rescue organization and they said I shouldn't take her out until after the second round.

However, I wanted to get her more socialized. I live in a townhouse and we have a grassy area that is a common area among the owners. There are many dogs that go through there so I'm afraid she might pick something up. I wanted to know how big of a risk is it that I take her out and she gets infected with something?

Thank you for any advice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I appreciate this advice. I was thinking I'll just take her out to thelocal farmer's market and just hold her. I do want to get her use to seeing different people. I don't think though that I will let her sniff other dogs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts