Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely can't stand the rabies tag that is supplied by veterinarian. It is very large for a small 20-lb dog.

So my question is, has anyone replaced the veterinarian supplied rabies tag with a smaller tag? Can I replace it as long as I include all the same information. If I have it engraved on both sides instead of 1, I can reduce the size considerably.

I know I'm being ridiculous, but every time I see the large rabies tag, I can't help but cringe. Thoughts???

·
Registered
17,913 Posts
You can order it. Validity will depend on what exactly your local laws specify. Ie: In my area you must have the original 'official' rabies/county license on the dog if they are off their owner's property.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
When I was in the US, I'd pop the rabies tag on my keychain. My parents would occasionally take him out for a quick potty trip or walk in the neighborhood when I had to work, but otherwise I was always with him when we were outside. As he was always either leashed or in a securely fenced area, I wasn't too worried about him getting lost, so if there were any incidents I'd be able to provide the official tag even if it wasn't technically on him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts