Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to ask if i could inject 5 in 1 with anti rabies vaccine at the same day? My puppy is now 3months and 10 days. Thank you.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
It's best to call the Vet to ask. Also, I thought that rabies vaccine was given around 6 mos?

It depends on the vaccination history of the pup. Some dogs will react, like they have a 24 hour flu bug, when they get their vaccinations along with the rabies shot. Other than one day of discomfort, I don't think that reaction is harmful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked a vet before he told me that rabies vaccine is given to a dog at 3 months old i'm not sure about that. Too bad her vet is not living here and i cant find a vet nearby.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Here, rabies is required for dogs, cats and ferrets age 4 months and older. So around 3.5 months of age would be a normal time to vaccinate for rabies.

My vet gives two vaccines at the visit unless the dog has had a bad reaction in the past or the owner requests separate vaccine times. One vaccine in one hip and the other on the other side so that if there is swelling or a lump etc, its clear which vaccine was the cause.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts