Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone

I have a lovely 1 year old bichon named bailey i love him to bits. I have noticed a slight issue of the past few weeks with him scratching alot after meals biting his paws etc. I have read it could be an alergic reaction to some foods. He gets loads of exercise i love taking him over the field and running around, he has a lot of energy and even when he gets in he will have a crazy 5 minute zoomy attack where he will run round like a mad man and try and nip me then run off etc.

I cant help but think it could be diet related. I feed him twice a day morning around 9-9.30 and 5-5.30 in the evening. I tried pedigree chicken which he ate but seemed to scratch after for a while so i moved him on to bakers chicken and the same happened again. I thought it might be the chicken so i tried a bakers beef instead but no he seems to slowly be scratching himself again. After doing somke research it seems the brands i have chosen are not the best at all, im just kind of stuck on what is classed as a good healthly option without all of the crap if you know what i mean. Maybe this could be linked with how hyper he is some days i dont know. I flee him every few months and check him over all the time and although he has had flees before i have not noticed them for a while.

Really hope someone could point me in the right direction of a good branded healthy kibble.

Thanks so much

Liam

EDIT

Sorry i forgot to mention i live in the UK

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Are you anywhere near a petsathome?

They have James well beloved, wainrights and natures instinct foods.

If you are interested in ordering online fish4dogs is a great option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for that, i am actually just on my out out to pets at home would you believe to have a look at some new options :) Just been reading about james beloved as well so going to have a look at that and the others you mentioned.

Thanks so much again really appreciate your responce

Liam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts