Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my dog has worms in his feces, but I've never been in this situation before.
Here is the picture of his feces:

(he pooped on my carpet >:eek:)
I've been feeding him regular puppy chow, I don't know how he got this condition. I just need to know what can I do to de-worm him and how to prevent him from getting these worms.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I think my dog has worms in his feces, but I've never been in this situation before.
Here is the picture of his feces:

(he pooped on my carpet >:eek:)
I've been feeding him regular puppy chow, I don't know how he got this condition. I just need to know what can I do to de-worm him and how to prevent him from getting these worms.
Go to the vet and tell him your dog has roundworms. Also get a fecal to make sure that is all he has. S/he *(the vet) can sell you dewormer.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Go to the vet and ask for de-wormer. Puppies should be de-wormed regularly.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I'm sorry, I got a little lol here.

Consensus: Go to the vet, get a worm diagnosis, and get dewormer.
Solution: Thanks, I went to Petco!

XD

·
Registered
5,931 Posts

XD
Yep, seems to be a common thing here as of late: ask questions, get answers, do the opposite

·
Registered
2,584 Posts

XD
I mean obviously for someone that can't recognise a roundworm (or three) its not a big deal to dose your own dog with a petstore wormer.

To the OP: If your dog is pooping that out, the chances that it also has tapeworms or whipworms is pretty high. You need to go to the vet, they don't sell Drontal otc and I will put money on your puppy having more than roundworms.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I don't have a problem with people deworming their own dogs if they know what they're doing. Most vets would want to do a fecal test, which I absolutely wouldn't pay for in this case.

That said, I'm not sure the OP knows enough about parasites to do this correctly. Not all dewormers will work against roundworm. And the dosage has to be correct (many have to be given multiple times). And there might be other parasites. And I'm concerned about the reasons why the roundworms are coming out without meds - normally the eggs are the only part that is shed unless meds are given. And what's up with the consistency of the dog's feces??? Looks kinda clear and jelly-like?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts