Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what kind of puppy I have?:confused: I went to the shelter yesterday and I was told that This ittle guy was due to be put down TODAY!!! He was dropped off at the shelter at 2 days old with his 7 brothers and sisters.:mad: He is now 5 weeks old!

:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Oh my gosh how cute!! I'm so glad you got there in time to get him :)

I just wanted to mention about that little rawhide bone there, to be careful with the ones with the knots on the end like that. My mother in laws dog pulled one of those off and choked on it a few years ago. She buys the strait ones now with no knob on the end and hasn't had any problems.. but.. I just thought you should know, they can come off. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh wow....Thanks for that information. I had no Idea. We give them to my pitt bull all the time. I'll have to start buying the straight ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are som better pictures! I am just so anxious to know what he can be mixed with. We decided to name him Kano.

He is so precious!!!

·
Banned
749 Posts
Can't help you with the breed but it is pretty sad that a shelter is willing to euthanize a puppy just a few weeks old. Don't they have another dog that could have been a surrogate mother?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Oh my gosh!! He is adorable!! Just from the coloring (and this just a huge guess) He looks like a GSD/chow mix I had. But he could be anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They told me that the only other femaile dog they had was already feeding 7 pups, and they said her body could not handle this litter as well. They bottle fed them and for 4 weeks then switched them over to wet food. None of them got put to sleep because there were two left and I posted adds everywhere I could think of and they both got ADOPTED!!!! But yes they were going to put them down, it was so sad. I do not understant how anyone can just take puppies away from the mother at 2 days old! If you cant handle puppies then get your dog FIXED! Just my two cents!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts