Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I rescued this 9 week old pup and was told she is a hound mix but her body shape, stance and tail all resemble a lab but she has these floppy spotted ears like a spaniel and pale stark blue eyes like a huskie...but then what do I know...:rolleyes: Can someone tell me what they think she is and how big she will get???? I am posting pictures!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Wow... there is no saying lol. I can almost promise more than two breeds though. Your description was good though... husky lab would explain everything but the spots. So husky, lab, and some sort of spotted dog like a spaniel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow... there is no saying lol. I can almost promise more than two breeds though. Your description was good though... husky lab would explain everything but the spots. So husky, lab, and some sort of spotted dog like a spaniel.
tw1n, Thanks! I have been been wondering not that it matters at all I love her just the same she is very sweet natured and rowdy with my older dog :) She is easier to train so far than any of my others have been does not mess in the house at all and can hold her pee n poo all night which I found out last night! I have trained her to sit and stay and lay down and come of course with the clicker she has very good hearing. Just curious to know what mixture she is mostly for health reasons she is ude for her ffirst vet appointment tomorrow. I thought husky lab except for the brown psots on her ears and also she has brown freckles on her face and pink n black mixed snout...

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Thank you!

Merle BCs and Aussies often have blue eyes. In a double merle, markings are minimal, which would explain the white body and brown ears.

Heterozygous blue merle:

Homozygous (double) merle:

http://www.lethalwhites.com/doublemerle.html

I could be way off, that's just what she looks like to me. Would love to see her in a few months when she's a little older for a more accurate guess.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you!

Merle BCs and Aussies often have blue eyes. In a double merle, markings are minimal, which would explain the white body and brown ears.

Heterozygous blue merle:

Homozygous (double) merle:

http://www.lethalwhites.com/doublemerle.html

I could be way off, that's just what she looks like to me. Would love to see her in a few months when she's a little older for a more accurate guess.
Missmutt!

You might be right her ocat is just like the picture! I will keep you updated on her pictures as she grows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts