Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I have been trying to figure out this breed. She is a mixed breed and when I got her, he told me that she is a hound/Shepherd mix. I am not 100 percent sure, and I know it is really hard to tell. I am thinking that she is coonhound, but I guess im not sure on the shepherd. Maybe black lab mix instead? She kinda has a shy personality, which isnt normal for german shepherds. I also think the color is not exactly german shephers ish. I was also thinking maybe husky mix instead of shepherd Her tail was clipped off so I dont think she was born that way. I just really would like to know!
So i was thinking she could be
german shepherd/black lab/coonhound
german shepherd/husky/coonhound/lab
lab/coonhound
i could go on and on...lol
pic 1.jpg pic 3.jpg pic 2.jpg Can anyone help?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I would say German Shepherd, but if the breeder docked her tail that usually means they're accustomed to having a docked dog so maybe her mother was a Rottweiler (or part Rott). Her ears don't really look hound-ish to me. The shyness could be from past experiences, not her natural personality. How big is she? How old is she in the pictures?

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I don't really see any hound in her, she does not have the long hound ears or the build of a hound. The fact she is docked would make me think she has some Rotty or Doberman in her. More likely Rottweiler by her build.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I've seen this before. A "breeder" THINKS that the pups are pure bred, but in reality the bitch bred with a mutt without them knowing. Happened to my friend. She got a boxer, which then turned out to be a boxer/hound mix.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
This is Benny ... a Dobie/Lab/Rott/Husky/ ? mix .......... at 4 months old ........... and 30 lbs. His Mom was positively Dobie/Lab. I see some Dobie in there ... I also see some Shepherd in your pups ears in the way they are patterned. :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
She sort of resembles my boy, although I'd guess they are mostly different breeds. Colt is, I think, an Australian Shepherd/Coonhound mix...with something else maybe tossed in.

Your pup could have some hound in her...Judging by the build I would guess Rottweiler, also. Gives her half of the recessive tan points, an explanation for the tail, and how stocky she is, although Doberman would explain the face better. Hrm. :p How old is she and how much does she weigh?

For reference, my theoretical Coonhound/Aussie mix. He's got a lot more white than your pup and is leggier/leaner. But there are some similarities.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts