Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKAY, so here's the story. Went to a family friends party and they had a dog that their lovely neighbors left in THEIR backyard. Nice huh? So my boyfriend, the late arrival at the party took one look at the pup, and just like me, fell head over heels in love with him.

We got ONE, phone call from the owner, said he was 4 years old and was neutered. Last phone call we ever got.

So we've had Jack now for about 2-3 weeks. Got his shots, went to the vet, only to find that these people abused the poor thing in god only knows what ways and is a neurotic nervous underweight dog. Vet said he was missing teeth from possibly chewing on metal bars, OR eating rocks since he wasn't fed?! The people I'D love to abuse sometimes.

Vet also said he was an obvious Vizsla, but we cannot figure out what he's crossed with???

He's weighing in at about 31 lbs, and is more of a smaller medium sized dog. Longish hair but no undercoat?.... We thought Golden Retriever but the size and body just don't add up?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Wow what a beautiful dog! He has such a sweet face. I'm honestly just taking a wild guess but I'm going to say he's a Lab/Husky. Husky would account for the blue eyes and smaller size and maybe the coat length, and other than that he looks like a Lab to me. Or actually a Golden Retriver, too but do you think he'd have longer fur if he was a Golden? Maybe he has all three and then some, lol! Personally I don't know if I see any Visla. Perhaps I'm wrong but all of the Vislas I've seen have a very different facial structure.

·
Registered
905 Posts
He doesn't look at all like a Vizsla..neither his coloring nor his body type resemble one.
Some sort of retriever mix would be my guess.

As an aside, some dogs chew on and/or eat rocks for no reason other than their enjoyment of the activity.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have no idea on this one, but WOW, he's gorgeous! I'm so glad he found a good home. :)

As an aside, some dogs chew on and/or eat rocks for no reason other than their enjoyment of the activity.
True, but dogs in good homes do not get to chew on/eat rocks so pervasively that they are missing teeth because of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts