Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mutt which is very cute until she barks. I know from her bark that she is part beagle. However sometimes in the middle of her typical Beagle bark (more like a bellow) she starts doing a different bark sort of like a toy dogs bark. I have always been fascinated to figure out what type of dog she was because her ears are different with these long strings on them. I always thought she was maybe sheltie. When she runs she can make tight circles. She is great with the family but she is shy around strangers and will bark and run away if they approach her. She gets upset if someone yells.
I have never posted before and I hope I posted the picture correctly if not she is in my small picture. Would be interested in other peoples opinions. I saw on animal channel a type of dutch dog that kind of looked like her it started with a kooikerhound or something like that.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
She actually looks more like a Small Greek Domestic Dog (aka Meliteo Kinidio) rather than a kooiker, but they are not common outside Greece to my knowledge, and certainly not in the US.

It's hard to tell what she may be, but I do believe she is a mix of a few breeds and not a SGDD. I don't see beagle though. If I had to guess Id say some kind of spaniel mix.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I understand why you thought it as your dog sure reminds of one, but I can tell you that's it's not a Kooikerhondje. Kooikerhondjes do not have such light colored patches.

My best guess is a mix of some sort.

Purebred Kooikerhondjes:
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

1 - 3 of 3 Posts