Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone, let me first start out by saying I appreciate in advance everyone's opinion and hopefully this query of mine will become resolved. I'm not sure if this is the exact place to be posting this, but it's been bugging me very much and i feel like you experts here can shed some great advice :)

My girlfriend owns this small little dog that she bought about ten years ago from a petsmart travelling adoption service, and we aren't sure exactly what type of breed the poor thing is - we're assuming he's a mix. He is small, but not too miniature, now about 10 years of age. His name is Jack, because he's named after the movie character "Jack" that Robin Williams played as a young boy who aged faster than average, way faster than normal. If you don't know what movie i'm talking about, basically this dog's appearance gives off the impression that he's way older than he actually is. His black spots became very grey quickly for example. Despite this, his physical shape seems to be great as he leaps and runs almost without any hassle. My girlfriend's favorite way to describe his fur is referring to it as Jack's "scraggles" because of his moppy and grimy hair clumpings and twists. His "beard" is always stained dark orange and you can usually find black "crusties" on it. He is for the most part easy to handle but has an occasional potty accident inside the house everyone once in a while. He's not too bad of a dog, and for the record I love canines, but he has quite an awkwardly non-dog like personality. He cannot play fetch, and if you give him a treat instead of eating it, he will simply displace it to another location. He never seems to respond and often will even ignore my girlfriend Natalie's warm and inviting invitations to play and cuddle. Natalie and her Mom often joke that Jack is a cat trapped inside of a dog, in fact the only treats the dog will actually eat are actual cat treats.

Please help us out, and perhaps we can uncover the mystery breed of this little guy!

more pictures will be posted as soon as they upload, thanks!:D:D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

sorry about not consolodating these posts into one, but I keep stumbling upon good pictures and I haven't yet understand - if it is even possible- to edit posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Looks like a miniature poodle/shih tzu mix.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Every dog has their own personality. He just sounds like an old, small dog....typical. My small dog often takes treats and moves them somewhere else. Its kind of cute, no?

Whatever he is, he's a cutie!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Even thou he kinda looks like a bearded collie mix... I would have to say he would need to be a bit bigger for that consideration.
I'm going to go with poodle x lhasa Apso or poodle x petit basset griffon... it's kinda hard to tell from your pictures.

·
Registered
637 Posts
can anyone else see jackrussell?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Havs weren't common at ALL 10 years ago, though- and 10 years ago, TTs were a trendy puppymill/pet store breed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts