Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found him running in the street yesterday. I was thinking he was a Aus Shepard but I'm thinking he's probably a toy judging by the size of his head and paws. Anybody have any idea? Thanks!

*not looking for the owner because when I followed another stray dog that was loose with this one, I was told by the neighbors that the owners let the dogs roam free, the mailmen don't even deliver mail to the entire block now. They said both of the dogs regularly wander into traffic much like I saw him running down the middle of the street. They also said the dogs are not fed and turn over trash in the neighborhood. As far as i'm concerned I saved this dog from getting hit by a car, starvation and neglect. So no I'm not looking for the owner, they don't deserve to own a dog. No collar, no tags = bad owners. I wish I could have gotten the pitt bull mom that was reluctant to approach me but I could tell that she was very hungry and neglected. Animal Control gives them tickets all the time according to the neighbors but the owners don't seem to care and if Animal Control isn't doing anything about this then I will. Some people just don't deserve to have animals, I know it's not really cool to just take a dog but he was running down the middle of the street with no tags and this is a clear cut case of neglect. I know he will go to a better home at the humane society.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I can't tell what the pup is either from those photos.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Looks like a puppy with those proportions and puppy fluff. Hard to tell with those photos though. Could have something small and fluffy in it. With that puppy fluff it's hard to tell what it could be as a lot of dogs have those kinds of markings.

Doesn't sound like the owners care too much. The dogs could be escape artists too. Either way the dogs will be safer off the streets.
I had a similar situation in my neigborhood. A dog was roaming free for weeks in my neighborhood. I eventually caught her and returned her to the owner on the tags. I never saw that dog again, but from the owner's reaction to me returning her and the shock collar around her neck, I think I should have given the dog to the humane society. Sad day.

Doesn't apply to this situation, but finding a dog without a collar doesn't mean the owners are automatically bad. Some dogs know how to get out of collars and are really good escape artists.

I know he will go to a better home at the humane society.
Better than wandering in traffic for sure. But having worked for a shelter in the stray dog ward, it's never a sure thing whether they will make it out again.

·
Banned
93 Posts
She's very little and fluffy. I worked at an animal shelter and dogs like that are adopted right away. I can see why you don't want to give her back to the owner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live right near Berkeley so I know he will be adopted very quickly. The place where I found the dog is uh let's say a bit sketchy and I see strays and dogs tied up to short chains in yards all the time. It's sad to see. I know this dog will go to a better home without a doubt so I guess I don't feel all that bad about not putting it back into the yard that has numerous ways for the dogs to get out. Also the owners are never home all day, the neighbors say they regularly go a whole day without coming home until late at night. They let the dogs run wild and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before one of them gets hit in the busy street a block away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts