Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
I adopted Moose June 2022. He was a stray in Texas. Vet says ~ 3 y/o and breed is unknown
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog has had this callous since I got him in June. It’s been light pink and dry at some points, then it looks like it’s healing /getting smaller and the fur starts growing back, then it will be deep pink and fleshy again. I haven’t been too worried about it but just today it turned purple in this one area. It looks like a little bruise to me but I don’t know if this is normal. Has anyone else had a similar issue and have advice/insight on what is happening and how to Manage it??
I have balm that I was going to start using but I might wait to see what happens with this discoloration.
(First pic is from this past weekend and second is from tonight)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,699 Posts
This really ought to be checked by a veterinary professional to make sure it's not something that needs medical treatment. Skin issues are tricky, and it's against forum rules to give advice or guess at diagnoses for medical problems that haven't been seen by a vet. Many vets these days have a system set up where you can send them photos through e-mail, text, or an app ahead of time, and they can advise you on whether you need an appointment or not (and how urgently it's needed) based on what they can see in the pictures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts