Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a letter in the mail today from the AKC saying that the puppy Hawkeye showed aginst at the dog show on Feb 1st has been Disallowed his prize and that Hawkeye gets that puppy's first place.

I was like o_O. what the heck happened I've never heard of this before, what does it mean? what could have happened?

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
It means that your dog (I'm assuming Hawkeye is yours) is entitled to the win do to the other dog being disqualified. When this happens the dog that placed under them takes that next prize up. So its all good for you.

A number of things could have happened to disqualify the other. When you show a dog you have to go by the rules, so if they broke those rules, were deceptive, ect then its found out they loose that placement. A dog could even loose a title if it were one under such circumstances.

·
Banned
335 Posts
Usually, it means that the other dog was entered incorrectly. It could be as minor as being entered in the incorrect class or it could be as major as incorrectly identifying the dog. If the other dog took WD, and your dog took reserve, it can also mean that your dog takes the win and that points would be calculated minus the disallowed dog.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
strange thing is hawkeye and I showed aginst the same puppy on the day before as well and I haven't gotten anything regarding that day. could it be possably that because we were entered in the 6 to 9 month class perhaps on Sunday the disallowed puppy turned 10 months? would Hawkeye take that puppy's 1 point? or are there no points to award now that that puppy is "disallowed" Disallowed is the term the AKC used

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
strange thing is hawkeye and I showed aginst the same puppy on the day before as well and I haven't gotten anything regarding that day. could it be possably that because we were entered in the 6 to 9 month class perhaps on Sunday the disallowed puppy turned 10 months? would Hawkeye take that puppy's 1 point? or are there no points to award now that that puppy is "disallowed" Disallowed is the term the AKC used

It depends... IF you will tell me the show name, state, date, and....

Breed of dog, your dogs registered name and the registered name of the dog that was disallowed, I will be glad to take a look at the standings and see if I can sort it out for you.

·
Registered
210 Posts

You would only get the point(s) if the pup that was disallowed was Winners Dog and your dog was Reserve and if there were enough dogs to make a point if you don't count the disallowed dog.

If you weren't reserve that day then there's no way you could get a point.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ok here we go

Show: Packerland Kennel Club 60th and 61st ALL-BREED DOG SHOWS
Dates: January 31st - February 1st
State: Wisconsin

Breed: Australian Shepherd
Regitered names: "Diamond Aire Hawkeye Pierce the Sun" and "Ledgerocks Dressed in Dockers"

You would only get the point(s) if the pup that was disallowed was Winners Dog and your dog was Reserve and if there were enough dogs to make a point if you don't count the disallowed dog.

ok the point thing is still a little hard to understand for me

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
ok here we go

Regitered names: "Diamond Aire Hawkeye Pierce the Sun" and "Ledgerocks Dressed in Dockers"

Give me a few. The show does not come up on Infodog but I can find it.

Got the show results for Sunday (I am assuming that is the day the other dog was disallowed) Looking at the results now.

Roy Jones site is way behind the times but the info is there.. Got to sort through it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I looked....the other pup turned 9 months old on Feb. 1st so he should have been entered in the 9-12 class that's why he was disallowed.

The point system is tough to get used to....too bad you weren't reserve that day....it was a major. That was a huge Aussie entry for such a small show!

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
ok here we go

Okay... Hawkeye originally placed second in 6-9 puppy - dog.

Dockers placed first in your class.

But did not earn any points.
Because this dog 1/W 23 Meadowlawn's Spirit Realm from the open dog class won Winners dog.

Dockers did not receive Reserve.
This dog did. 2/RW 29 The Forces Next Best Thing Also from the open dog class.

So what this all means for you and Hawkeye is this. You took second place in your class. The other dog was disallowed for whatever reason. So now Hawkeye has a first place win in 6-9 puppy. But no points.

Looking at the show record I think I see the reason that the other dog got booted out. It was born on 5-01-2008. The show date was 02-01-2009.

By my math the dog turned nine months old on the morning of Feb 1, 2009. (and your dog turned 9 months old on the following morning)

You were still within the 6-9 class on Sunday but Dockers was in the wrong class. He should have been shown in 9-12 mo dog.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there were a few breed majors at that show. a friend of mine had her 7 month old Pointing Griffon puppy Dog take both Majors for it's breed on both days. I was amazed.

well I'm just happy for a first place in AKC right now with Hawk although I know he needs Majors. he's just not the same type as the dogs around here. I have more hope for him in ASCA, he's got a couple ASCA shows comming up next month, wish us luck

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
BTW Roy Jones Shows needs to get with the times....

You can pop that type of info up in two seconds on info dog

http://www.infodog.com/default.htm

And the points thing can get tricky. And you can walk away at the end of the day feeling a bit like you were robbed.

I major slip away from me back in November in Ocala Florida.

In Australian Cattle Dogs
There was
1- 6-9 puppy

and
1-12-18 puppy(my dog)

enterd in dogs.

So only a single point available for dogs.

There were 8 bitches entered in various classes. So it was a three point major for bitches.

No specials.

My dog won winners dog. So I get the point. He then won Best of Winners (so we got the bitch points) and Best of breed. I am flying high. We got our first major.

But wait.... The judge had excused two of the bitches. One for attempting to bite her. The second one was shy and cowered away a little. She could have given that bitch a break but the other dog had just taken a swipe at her so the judge was probably fed up.

So that dropped the bitch entry to 6. And busted the major. Still it was a two point show and we took breed so we got to go to group. But I could have used the major.

We just won a 4 point major in January. We beat the 2007 Crufts Best of Breed winner head to head in open dog. That was a GREAT day.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

I was at a show once where there were two bitches (1 pt) WB got a letter later on saying that her registration got messed up, and AKC gave the point to the bitch I showed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I was at a show once where there were two bitches (1 pt) WB got a letter later on saying that her registration got messed up, and AKC gave the point to the bitch I showed.
Well you would get winners bitch since you were reserve (I assume since there were only 2 bitches) but you shouldn't get a point because you wouldn't have beat another bitch if that bitch was disqualified. They have been known to mess things up but sometimes they catch their mistakes. I'd definately have a back up point if it were mine....wouldn't want to have a finished dog only to find out one day that the point didn't count.

BTW Roy Jones Shows needs to get with the times....

You can pop that type of info up in two seconds on info dog
I think we are just spoiled with infodog! There's no other super that has the rusults up the same night or at the very least the next day like MBF.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts