Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Calling all French Bulldog owners!

813 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dutchgal 
Being busy and having a puppy is a huge commitment. It can be done, but you need to be able to go home and care for them at intervals throughout your day. You can't just leave them for 8 hours like an adult dog. You have a adult dog that you dog as a adult. It is different of a commitment. While you have to teach a shelter adult basic training and rules, it is important for a puppy to get socialization as well. Do you know how old the puppies are now? Are they even 8 weeks?

I like Frenchies and have many Frenchie friends. They are a companion breed so they tend to be velcro and will follow you and include themselves into what they're doing. Generally pretty mellow in homes, but that doesn't mean they can't be active. They can be rather sassy too...my one friends likes to talk back when you tell him something. He'll do it, but you will hear about it and he will grumble the whole time. A thing to watch out for is in my experience many are susceptible to allergies. Out of the 6 Frenchies I know, 3 have allergies- one has food allergies which are minor, one has food allergies and pollen issues in spring, one has everything - she has food allergies, she has year around environmental allergies, needs eye drops, she has skin flareups because of both. They are brachycephalic (short muzzle/nose) so they are sensitive to extreme temperatures and can overheat if they get worked up. Just warning you for the worse, that they can be a sickly breed. I love them to death and will be getting one but I know I have to be prepped for all issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.