Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately the weather sucks. High of 21C one day, -10C the next.. The dogs doesn't mind the change in temperature but are chicken to walk in the rain.. So, I decided, if they dont want to go for a walk, THE WALK will go to them.. =)

I started last night by getting them used to the treadmill and let them have a go again this afternoon, Cain and Xena are loving it! Abel is freaked out by it but is slowly starting to get better at it. He nearly choked himself out last night, broke a couple of plastic parts from the treadmill but is now a little more cooperative. =) DH suggested that it might be better to attach the leash on their harness than their collars. And he was right! They did better with the harness and it reduced the risk of choking themselves.. LOL!

Here are some pics and videos..

CAIN

ABEL

XENA

Videos:

a few more..

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Yikes! Poor Cain looks like me on a treadmill. Head down, tongue hanging out looking exhausted. LOL

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone!! Abel got much better last night.. he was running and is now more focused on the treadmill and is slowly getting his rhythm. I guess we just really have to be patient with him. Its raining again today, so this idea really is going to be very useful on days that these kiddogs refuse to walk in the rain.. I CANT BELIEVE my dogs are chickens when it comes to rain.. LOL! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
that 2nd pic is just to telling!!!!!!hehehe.

and going by those videos you can definately tell who the puppy of the 3 is!

very cute though!

·
Registered
999 Posts
That is so cool and a good idea. lol. I may have invest in a treadmill for the cold Maine winters.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Abel is loving it now too!!! I was going to take a video of him last night but my camera ran out of battery. Looks like the treadmill will come in handy until middle of this week... I HATE CRAPPY WEATHER.. I already took my bicycle out!!!

P.S

i got lucky, I thought I didn't get a video of Abel before my camera crapped out. Turned out I did!!! Its already posted on another thread. :D

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hehe, looks like they appreciated the workout! For some reason Xena looked like she was having the most fun, she was just trotting away. :)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL Yeah Xena is loving it. You just need to say, "treadmill" and she runs straight to the spare room, sits on the treadmill and waits for me to turn it on. Cain is the one who is really very much into it. If we leave the spare room door open, he sits on the treadmill hoping that it will miraculously turn itself on. Abel is now liking it as well.

Now we are prepared for the winter months. Our summer days usually includes long long long walks and bike riding. I am also hoping to learn to roller blades. OLYMPICS HERE WE COME!!! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts