Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucky for the neighbor cat he doesnt mean as a squeaky toy!.

Last night the neighbors cat crouched down in some tall grass and watched Buster walking towards him. As we got close the cat pounced and then darted away under my BILs car.

Tonight Buster and his kitty buddy played whack-a-Buster (like whack-a-mole, but with Busters head). Kitty was on the porch, Bus walked up and stuck his head through the bars...slap, kitty paw to big dog nose (no claws, this cat is VERY good about controlling his claws). Bus backs up and shoots the cat a "what the heck was that for?!" look...and does it again! Bus then pretends to be sniffing under the porch, cat smacks him on the top of the head. Bus starts bouncing, back and forth across the front of the porch and the cat follows. Each time Bus goes to start up the stairs he gets slapped and drops into a play bow. They both seemed to be having a good time (cats ears were up, no puffed up fur, no growling or hissing).

Big, bouncing puppy ended up being a bit too much. Ears went back and he started to hiss and growl so I ended their play time. No hard feelings, the cat followed us around to the back door...Nope, he's NOT coming in!

(If these 2 are going to play I want it to stay fun and without either of the boys ending up hurt)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Aww! That reminds me of our Buster the bernese mountain dog. He used to play the exact same game with our 10 lb cat, she would hide in a box, buster would stick his face into the box, get punched a couple of times and pull his face out... only to go back for more!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Awwwwwe ....

Abbylynn was like this with the stray black kitty that showed up here last summer. Only she would scruff it and carry it around! :/ Neither one minded. Lol! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts