Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just on amazon ordering some stuff and finally caved on checking out the buster cube. Jubel is HIGHLY food motivated so I'm sure he'll figure out how to get the kibble out without too much trouble my bigger concern is durability.

He's very familiar with the Busy Buddy Kibble Nibble ball and the Bob-a-Lot, with MY proper attention they stand up to his daily uses for a good amount of time (Bob-a-Lot being the more durable of the two). Recently I tried out the Tug-a-Jug and that got destroyed on it's third use just as I started to think he was getting the hang of it and wasn't going to chew it and looked away for a minute. CRUNCH it's destroyed (see Random Jubel photo dump thread in pictures forum for pics of broken Tug-a-Jug).

I'm hoping because the buster cube is basically a square Jubel won't really have a good place to grip and chew on it so it'll be less of a concern. But I never expected the damage that'd cause the Bob-a-Lot to need to be replaced to be the sliding cover on the side hole to be pushed INSIDE the toy. It's still safe to use but without being able to adjust the sized of the hole in the side it's lost a lot of it's 'challenge.'

So yeah... Anyone used a buster cube before and have any comments on it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
We have a buster cube and love it. :) There aren't really any places that are good to grab a hold and chew (or at least my dogs haven't found one) and when set at it's most difficult it occupies them for quite a while. I do recommend giving it on carpeting though because it slides a bit too well on hardwood/linoleum and can be rather noisy.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I have a buster cube. My poodle likes it, but my Lhasa mix gets impatient with it since he can't see what's inside. I haven't used it much lately because it makes so much noise as it gets moved around.

Now I mainly use another treat ball (round, orange, with a hole in it), but I'm not sure I'd advise it for a powerful chewer.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha yeah I got an IQ ball (orange, semi-transparent) that is too small and I fear will be destroyed too easily. Sounds like your other treat ball.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts