Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this, after so many online reviews saying you should have one for your new dog.

Well after trying out 2 in the store (one my husband couldn't even move it to max) we picked the other one. But our thumbs are bruised trying to remove the cylinder.

We have followed the insturctions, gone online (just the same stuff) and there is no way we can remove this cylinder.:mad:

Why when designing this, they couldn't have a line on the cube "remove" here? :rolleyes:

I have tried doing it with towels - everything and even things the instructions don't say.

So it's going back, my husband refusing to keep something so badly engineered in the first place (it shouldn't make your fingers bruised).

Nice idea but if you can't open it to wash it - not practical :mad:
Also having it in a non noisy rubber kong material would be better.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I perhaps shouldn't tell you this because it makes me out to be a disgusting pig, but...

I bought one of these for Alvin about a year and a half ago. I, too, was unable to remove the cylinder for washing so...I just haven't washed it.

I'm serious. It has only ever held kibble, nothing moist. It doesn't smell, it hasn't made the dog sick. So I'm guessing it's okay.

There you have it. A confession from a disgusting pig.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I could remove the cylinder from the large size but not the small. So annoying. And even if you get the cylinder out it is very hard to wash and even harder to dry. So I never wash it either. Rancid kibble, yum.

·
Registered
966 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts