Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
His bumps do not look like the ones on the squirel and vet doesn't think it is warbles. He saw rocky when he was first sick and had only small bumps then saw him again after everything was open.

Rocky does look a little better today. Neck looks like the wounds are trying to heal and have started scabbing over more. The new bumps on his back actually look a little smaller and less in number today also. He also seems a little more lively. Still no word back from Purdue. The vet is hoping to hear back by tomorrow

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
His bumps do not look like the ones on the squirel and vet doesn't think it is warbles. He saw rocky when he was first sick and had only small bumps then saw him again after everything was open.

Rocky does look a little better today. Neck looks like the wounds are trying to heal and have started scabbing over more. The new bumps on his back actually look a little smaller and less in number today also. He also seems a little more lively. Still no word back from Purdue. The vet is hoping to hear back by tomorrow
I've been on pins and needles waiting to hear. :)

I'm glad you talked to the vet.

Ok, well let's hope Purdue has something by tomorrow. I'm on the edge of my seat here...............

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Ditto to that^^^! I've been thinking about you and Rocky all day. I surely hope you can get this diagnosed and be on the road to recovery soon.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

Glad to hear that at least there are less and smaller in size. I too can't wait to hear the results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Part of me definately cant wait to hear the results but part of me is also scared that it will be bad news. I am still hoping for the best though

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just called the vet...still no word back from Purdue...taking longer then he had expected...and is frustrating....good news is that his wounds look better again today and seem to be trying to heal, most of the other bumps on his back are gone and a few seemed to have scabbed over without ever being "open" like his head and neck, he also seems more playful today...hoping to get good news from purdue soon though

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Very frustrating. Now it's the weekend :(

I am glad to hear that Rocky is feeling better. You must be thrilled. :D

Hopefully if your vet doesn't hear by Monday afternoon, he'll call them.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Poor Rocky!!! I really hope they are able to figure it out and that he continues to improve. Seeing those pics just breaks my heart, poor baby...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The vet called this am. He has the culture results back but not the biopsy results yet. The culture showed staph and another type of infection which is usually more of a intestinal infection. Must have got some stool in the wound which is possible with the diarhea he was having. The antibiotics he is on are good for staph and ok but not the best for the other infection. Vet wants to leave him on what he is currently on only for now since the wounds are improving and we haven't heard about the biopsy yet. He still seems to be getting somewhat better though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow those pic's look gruesome:( Poor dog:( Did your vet rule out poisoning? Just a thought, do you have any bad neighbours had he been left alone outside or anything while away? I really hope your vet figures things out for you and quick I wish your dog a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Don't think poisoning is possible. Nothing here he could have gotten that I know of. We live out in country and the dogs never leave the yard and are not really outside by themselves.

The vet called today and told me he had called purdue since he had not heard from him. They told him it would likely be a few more days.

Rocky really seems to be improving. A lot of the scabs have came off and there is pink skin with a little hair starting to grow back. Only a few small areas that aren't covered by skin or new scabs. He is essentially acting himself now as well. He is happy and running and playing which is very nice to see.

Hopefully things continue to improve

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Great to hear that Rocky is doing better!

·
Registered
3 Posts
xxx GET WELL SOON ROCKY! xxx i hope all the best for you and your dog. i hope he gets better soon and you find out what was wrong with him. will be thinking of you and your dog! hope he get well soon! x

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well biopsy and all tests were back and nothing aside from the infections showed up. They are therefore unaware of what the cause was. Although the vet feels it was a combination of lowered immune system from the intestinal problem he had and an alergy.

The good news is he is a ton better. All of the scabs have came off and he has skin covering all of the previously open areas. The hair is also starting to come back and the vet feels it will all return. He is also acting himself now. He is to be on the antibiotics x2 more weeks to make sure the staph is gone.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts