Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Here are the basics. We have a male american bulldog app. 1 1\2 yrs. old. We got him from a rescue in February. He was a little underweight for the breed with yellowish discharge from the corners of the eyes and a soft light colored stool. He had recently been wormed. We took him to our local vet and he prescribed metronidazole and his eyes cleared up and he put on weight. Last month he developed bumps on his back. The area was very warm to the touch. We went back to the vet and he prescribed a course of sulfa trim. He said he thought it was acne. He finished the meds. last week and the bumps are coming back. Any ideas before I pay for another visit and take the wait and see approach to diagnosis?
Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
My parents have a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier which is allergic to everything. When she eats a lot of corn-based treats she gets small bumps on her back. Maybe your dog has an allergy?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Could possibly be allergies or Thyroid. Pebbles (my Jack Rat Terrier) had these bumps along with sever skin peeling and hair loss on her back, rear, and thighs.

Her blood tests came back low-normal on the thyroid so we're trying a low (1/2) dose of thyroxin (synthetic thyroid hormone). We're seeing gradual improvement and she's only been on her meds for a little over a week now. You could try and ellimination diet to determine if it is food allergies and I suggest if it hasn't been done you run some blood work at your vets.

What type of food are you feeding? Has he had any blood work/tests done?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts