Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent a lot of $$ on "tough" toys that are suppose to be super durable even for the STRONGEST chewers. My Bully makes quick work of everything but he just LOVES toys. HE lives for destroying things and shredding rope toys is his fav thing to do lol but Ive tried all sorts of rubbery "tough" toys and they are ruined withing a minute. He gets those mammoth leg bones and huge giant raw hides and powers through them in no time, he loves to chew. I would love to find a toy for him that does not end up in tiny pieces all over the yard within seconds. I am sick of paying good money for things he destroys in seconds. does anyone have any suggestions for toys that worked for their bullies?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Thats so funny, I was just reading archive threads about chews! My dog is small and a moderate chewer so its not personal experience but here is the general theme I was seeing in the old threads about really extreme chewers.
Goughnutz - expensive but very tough and come with a replacement guarantee
Greeniepaw - any of their zogo-flex line, also comes with a refund or replacement guarantee
I would suggest the cow leg bone but it looks like you've been there done that. Wow, Vader must have jaws of STEEL.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If I give him a cow leg bone in the early evening by the morning it is just the very center of the bone shaft left. ( he doesn't like that part) then i give it to my husky to finish it off because he likes that part and will eat the rest of it. ( in like a month! ) but I will look into those brands ^_^ GOOD quality toys costs good money but if they last its worth it! I bought a tire toy for him it was not very expensive and he grabbed it out of my hands plopped it on the ground and just proceeded to rip it open and run around the yard. >.<

·
Registered
17,932 Posts
I am commenting almost entirely so I can watch this thread. I don't have a bully breed - exactly. I have a Boston and she is... far more destructive I would have dreamed possible for a dog that size.

·
Banned
96 Posts
I would just buy cheap crappy human stuffies for a dog to tear apart and demolish (at a Value Village or something similar) and then throw into the trash. Dog toys aren't worth it when you have a bull dog type! LoL
Keeping in mind that you would have to supervise that they don't ingest any materials...

·
Registered
17,932 Posts
I would just buy cheap crappy human stuffies for a dog to tear apart and demolish (at a Value Village or something similar) and then throw into the trash. Dog toys aren't worth it when you have a bull dog type! LoL
Keeping in mind that you would have to supervise that they don't ingest any materials...
I've actually done this. To be honest, while there's no money investment (well, practically), there's still something FRUSTRATING about 'grab, rip, done'.

...that or the mess involved with flying polyfill. One of the two :p

·
Banned
96 Posts
I've actually done this. To be honest, while there's no money investment (well, practically), there's still something FRUSTRATING about 'grab, rip, done'.

...that or the mess involved with flying polyfill. One of the two :p
But they do it to expensive dog toys too *facepalm*! Dogs... cant live with em, can't live without em! Lol

·
Registered
17,932 Posts
And in the interm, they collect rocks and hide them in the toy box. Maybe they're trying to tell me something.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am having the same problem so waiting for the answers:pop2:..ha..ha..I have yet to find anything to durable or that lasts.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I do give him random "safe" objects to tear to pieces. he GREATLY enjoys this but I give him a stuffed toy and He takes it drops it on the ground and just rips it in half then looks at me for something else. I bought him this giant puffy ball rope toy it looked like that but HUGE 2x as big as his head. and he just loved that. I was picking up strings from the yard for days. HE destroyed it right away but he enjoyed destroying the little pieces as well lol. He also enjoyed his kiddy pool. not in the way I wanted him too but he still gets good fun carrying the crumpled up pool around the yard. I think i might invest in one of those indestructoballs He likes to chase things. his fav toy was this ball it was just big enough where he couldn't bite down on it and he squeaked. eventually he figured out how to destroy it but he just LOVED it. I bought him a giant kids ball once and his eyes almost popped out of his head with excitement. he chased that thing all over the yard till he popped it then ran around with the dead ball shaking it and tossing it around.

·
Banned
96 Posts
I also let my girl have an old tire. We roll it around and she gets great entertainment from chasing and grabbing it lol. She tried to drag it around but it's a bit awkward and she is only 40 pounds.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I do give him random "safe" objects to tear to pieces. he GREATLY enjoys this but I give him a stuffed toy and He takes it drops it on the ground and just rips it in half then looks at me for something else. I bought him this giant puffy ball rope toy it looked like that but HUGE 2x as big as his head. and he just loved that. I was picking up strings from the yard for days. HE destroyed it right away but he enjoyed destroying the little pieces as well lol. He also enjoyed his kiddy pool. not in the way I wanted him too but he still gets good fun carrying the crumpled up pool around the yard. I think i might invest in one of those indestructoballs He likes to chase things. his fav toy was this ball it was just big enough where he couldn't bite down on it and he squeaked. eventually he figured out how to destroy it but he just LOVED it. I bought him a giant kids ball once and his eyes almost popped out of his head with excitement. he chased that thing all over the yard till he popped it then ran around with the dead ball shaking it and tossing it around.
Sounds like my guy.I hate having to pick pieces up out of the yard and we have a big yard!! ha..ha..
We gave Dakota a horse water trough for his pool,it works great,he cant chew it or drag it,its very heavy and durable,he cant even chew the sides.I will post a pic.
15 gallon sized,horse water trough,run around $50.00

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The Jolly Balls are good.

The Galeleo bones by Kong are good.

GoughNuts are PERFECT. They come in different shapes and the company will stand behind them.

The Largest BLACK kongs. Some dogs will go through these, but the LARGEST are really tough.

Some antlers.

Empty bleach bottles, rinsed well.

I have to stay away from raw bones. Mine can break off bigger chunks than he can digest.

Sterilized bones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am also stalking this thread because Duckie destroyed all of Shelby's toys the first week we had her... Shelby had the same toys for three years, she would gently carry them around and sleep with them, never tore them up or even chewed on them. She would chew on rawhides and the super hardened cow bones, and antlers... she had the same antler for two years that she'd gently gnaw on from time to time. That was one of the last toys left standing in the week of destruction... Ducky was going to town on the antler and CRACK!, she split it into shards and then tried to swallow them as I rushed over to take them away... I think I can only stick with bully sticks tho, because whatever she destroys she also swallows. Poor Shelby has one toy left that I give to her when Duckie's otherwise occupied, and they have one big hardened bone that they pass between them all day...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts