Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve hear this brand from one of my pups precious owner and man does it seem like it’s working. His Dogo Argentino is 105 dry @ 14 months. Pretty big if you ask me. I would like to use that dog food brand for my pups but not sure if it’s good for Siberian huskies?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also is it even good on the joints to grown that fast or is it a matter of pure c:p ratio

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Haven't fed it, but it seems pretty expensive for what it is. There's a lot of foods I, personally, would try before that one, at comparable quality levels, that are at a more reasonable price point. Though I admit the marketing turns me off, feels like it's selling people the idea of a big, buff, tough dog than focusing on the nutrition, which may or may not be fair of me to judge them on. With a few exceptions of breeds prone to diet-related health issues (dalmatians come to mind), most foods are suitable for any breed.

I would caution you not to fall into the trap of thinking bigger is better. There's a trend in a lot of the larger breeds for people to make their weight into a point of pride... to the point of not being able to see when their dogs are just plain fat. Which isn't healthy for any dog. For puppies, I'd be more concerned about keeping them at a nice, lean weight than rushing to pack weight (muscle or otherwise) on them, you know? And there's a lot of genetic factors at play. If your pup has a genetically smaller frame than that 14 month-old, no food is going to make him taller, so comparing two dogs on weight alone is a trap you don't want to fall into. Body condition is so much more important.

·
Registered
180 Posts
In my opinion, for a Husky, being as I have wolfdogs that are Husky hybrids, that's a bit high on fat and protein for a dog under age 2 years and too high fat for anything but a very active dog. I prefer 25/18 for them for life. Adult food for puppies too, they don't need to groaw any faster than they do on a good adult food.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the advice. I was thinking similarly because I thought it was bad on the joint but wasn’t exactly sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts