Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a male French Mastiff.... awesome loving gentle dog....stubborn as all hell tho....extremely high prey drive , he see's a rabbit and he's gone......very clean, never a single incident in the house....he is very smart, but likes to think for himself......... He is gentle as they come, but if something does seem amiss he will turn assertive very quickly with strange people..... and lastly they are strong, amazingly powerful dogs..unlike any other dog I have ever owned..if my boy wants to go, good luck holding him back..... I am glad my dog is very good with other dogs as if he ever got into a real fight there would be some serious damage done to the other dog, the sheer physical power and massive jaw strength are not something to be taken lightly...I love my boy, he is an awesome dog...but definitely not the type of dog to go winning any obedience contests...he is well behaved by his own nature, but definitely thinks for himself.....

·
Registered
795 Posts
And people think dogs and cats can't get along...wrong! My cat loves Roxxy and they all race down the hallway together (and sound like a herd of elephants, even tho their combined weight is less than 35#!!!). Phoebe is very pretty...I love calico cats.

Haha.. Yeah, I know. When Harleigh runs alone it sounds like a herd of elephants.. Of course she is very lazy, so she doesn't run very much. lol. Harleigh and Phoebe's combined weight is just a tiny bit more than that. LOL. :)

Thanks.. Yeah... Phoebe. She is one crazy cat! She can be so mean sometimes and let me tell you. She is worse than a dog about chewing! She chewed through my computer charger cord! It was in half! She also likes to swim.. In the toilet, bathtub, sink, water bowl.. Whatever she can find, she's in there. She is a very strange cat! Haha.. But I love her anyways! :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would absolutely love to have a bull mastiff or an english mastiff.That is my dream dog but as they run upwards of 2k around here it aint happenin....On the other hand Imcompletely afraid of pitbulls.Wouldnt own one if you paid me.(cant help myself sorry)

Has anyone ever read the Henry and Mudge books(they are kids picture books with a mastiff)...I love those and read everyone to my kids.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
We owned a bull mastiff puppy for a while (before parvo got him and he had to be PTS) He was the best dog ever, even if he was only 8 weeks old when we got him and we only had him for 2weeks.
Axle was the best dog who existed, sweet, confident, gentle, easy to train, loving.

My partner would love to own another one day, but the drool and size could be a problem.
We will always have fond memories of the breed, they are big, powerful and just amazing dogs.
of all the dogs i have ever owned or met he was my favorite even though i owned him for the least time. treasure the love of your mastiffs, as it is the strongest you will find anywhere. Please hug them for me in memory of Axle :)
RIP Axle, you could never be replaced

21 - 24 of 24 Posts