Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Bullmastiff

3488 Views 23 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  foxthegoldfish
Hey Everyone, I saw a thread about pit bulls and everyone's take on them, so I was wondering what everyone's take on Bullmastiffs are? Please this would be really helpful to me.
1 - 2 of 24 Posts
Hi,

I am a first time mastiff owner and I'll tell you they are definitely the gentile giant. Buddy is 9 months old and his bff is a pug. It is so cute to watch them together. He is definitely a people lover but I wonder what he would do if he felt my hubby or I were threatened. The only time I saw him show aggression was when my sil's dog came up behind my husband. He growled and came between my dh and the dog. Other than that he loves attention. I will always have this breed from now on.

Jo-Ann
Bullmastiffs are the most loving, loyal, stubborn dogs you would ever want to own. Mastiffs have to be taught very quickly who is in the top of the pack because they can be stubborn. They were originally trained to overtake and detain intruders which they can do with almost no effort. My mastiff is a lover,
but he can be a stubborn pain in a heartbeat. He has a perrsonality that is alhis own.
1 - 2 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.