Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our English bulldog puppy swallowed a 10 inch long bully stick. It was mostly chewed on both sides but was hard in the middle. He is roughly 15 pounds. We called the vet who said to keep an eye on him for now, but I’m worried about waiting. Has anyone experienced this with this breed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Follow the Vet's advice.

A dog's stomach is an amazing food processor. The stomach acid is a very acidic ph 1. Expect an abnormal stool for the next few movements.

It the future, monitor his chewing of bully sticks or anything else. I'd suggest finding a larger diameter item, like a raw, uncooked, unprocessed bone.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top