Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me some things about them and answer some questions I have on them?

My main question is, do they have the same possibility of getting aggression towards dogs sometime in their life like pitties?

Anything you can add about their personality, like from personal experience, etc..

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I only knew one and he was dog-aggressive. I really know nothing about the potential for DA in the breed as a whole, but I'd suspect that early socialization is a pretty good idea. Usually is for any of the bull-and-terrier breeds.

Chuck was a pushy intact 4 year old male. Definitely an independent dog, not very cuddly or needy.

I have heard that the breed overall is very clownish, though.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I've only known two bullies personally, owned by two different people. Both were total sweethearts with all types of people, the male bully was DA, but the female was not.

From what the male bully's owner told me (I LOVE bull terriers, always have), they are VERY stubborn, and need a no-nonsense owner. They're not easy dogs and DA is an issue.

I would love to own one some day, but the possibility of DA totally turns me off.

·
Registered
718 Posts
One of girls who works at the local dog store has two bull terriers and she often brings her male dog as a store pet. My wife and I have talked to her about her dogs. She said she actually breed them and has been breeding about 10 years. She said she does all health tests and temperament tests.
Anyway, her male dog (I think he is about 2 years if I remember what she said correctly) is a sweetheart. Very mellow and nice temperament. He can be a bit shy but he is not skittish at all. She said she has been bringing him in to the store ever since he was a little puppy so he’s been very well socialized. He gets along with most of dogs but black dogs, she said. For some reason, he doesn’t like black dogs. I really like him. Too bad he doesn’t like Lennox since he is close to black. (Well, he is more of charcoal but he appears to be black to many people)

-n

1 - 4 of 4 Posts