Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am hoping someone can help!! We bought our Bull Terrier Pup at 8 weeks, and she was being fed on Arden Grange dried food. She was fine on this for 5 weeks, and then started with diarrhoea with blood and mucous all of a sudden. My vet suggested chicken and rice, but there was no improvemnet, we tried antibiotics, stool sample revealed nothing and re wormed her. After 2+ weeks and a day of horrific diarrhoea she passed a lump of vet bed and a bit of a solid "something" that looked like a small piece of plastic. We have no idea where she got it from, as she is our 3rd Bully and we are very careful about what they have due to the power of their jaw. We then starved her for 24 hours and started on Royal Canin recovery diet (3 x a day). The symptoms settled, but still had loose stools (8-10 daily) and blood and mucous and was ravenous all the time, also the stools were very thin in diameter as though they were passing through too quick. This continued and one week ago I started her on just Fish and Potato (Just twice a day). She is now passing near normal stools (2 times a day). The blood has all but stopped and the mucous is minimal. My question is..... What should I try to move to to feed her on? I am convinced she had a partial obstruction and the gut has worked overtime to shift it, and is then very inflammed.Would anyone agree that this is possible? I find it hard to believe it was a food allergy that onset SO rapidly. I am looking for a wet food that is as natural as possible. I live in the UK so it needs to be available here. Any comments gratefully accepted.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts