Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I've always heard that no it's not good at all. but I will admit to still using it. what I do is spray it on my hand and then rub it onto the bridge of their muzzle (Where the mistquetoes bite)

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I've never used "Off" but I have used a product that Farnum makes for flies on horses that you can pour on rag and wipe on the dog, it does keep flies off of dog.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I get it from a Big R Store or I believe Farm & Fleet has it. I believe it might even come in a spray can but I prefer to spray on rag rather than the dog as sometimes the spray routine backfires and instead of getting ears you end up spraying eyes which is not cool.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I use Marigold Spray by EQyss. I also put organic raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (with the "mother" in it) in their drinking water, and use water and ACV as a final rinse after a bath to deter flying insects, and even fleas.

Toxic chemicals are never a good option, and could seriously risk your dog's life.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm just about to go to the vet to pick up revolution for my dogs, but I can't help but worry about what the long term effects of using that stuff has on my little dogs? I wonder if giving them garlic by mouth and putting drops of tea tree oil on their backs would work??

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Where could I buy this stuff?:)
You can buy animal safe bug repellent at most feed stores.

I'm just about to go to the vet to pick up revolution for my dogs, but I can't help but worry about what the long term effects of using that stuff has on my little dogs? I wonder if giving them garlic by mouth and putting drops of tea tree oil on their backs would work??

DO NOT use pure tea tree oil on a dog, it can cause paralysis. ONLY use prepared shampoos or sprays that are made for dogs containing tea tree. Any concentration of Tea Tree over 15% is dangerous.

beware: tea tree oil can be toxic for dogs and cats… « Travel, She ...

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Here in Illinois the bugs are pesky and real bad. So I use bug spray on my dogs. The Off stuff. Is that ok?
You should be asking this BEFORE using something that may be dangerous to your dog. I wouldn't use Off or anything like it on my dogs. Google Bug Off Garlic and get some of that.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts