Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to let you know that buddy did something I consider to be officially super cool ;) (be warned there might be typos, I'm on the iPhone right now & I'm pretty stoked about this also lol) we have started saddling our babies for the first time the other day & We were doing the colts first (we have four colts & five fillies this year) fiancée saddles them in the stall, leaves them for a bit to get accustomed & then leads them to the round pen to work with them.*

Well, something (don't know if it was the saddle or one of the orher yearlings in one of the other round pens... As we have four) spooked one of them & he pulled away from my fiancée. We had a hell of a time catching him & he was playing some serious hard to get lol, he ran out onto the asphalt road & was headed for the gate that lead to the road, when buddy ran around in front of him & stopped him cold like he was a cow or something LOL, it surprised the horse long enough for Fiancée to get ahold of him. He normally doesn't go after the horses, he'll 'defend' himself or me if one of them reaches out to bite when we're walking past their stalls or something like that, but I spent some time showing him what was ok & what wasn't & that in many situations I could protect/handle myself, he is pretty smart :) like my Izze, he seems to 'know' When myself or fiancée need help & when we've 'got it'.

We both just love buddy to death, ESP me, he has really bonded with me & has become my 'buddy' in these few months we have had him. Adopting him was the best thing I ever did, I'll have to post pics soon, I don't often take my phone to the barn on account of the dirt/filth factor he's even lost a few pounds :).

Anyhow... Everyone (a few other guys stopped to help Hs try to catch the horse) Was totally impressed with what he did Go buddy!!!!! :)))))

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
That is awesome! Good job Buddy! :D

It is great to see how he is opening up!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Buddy's a natural at this ranching thing!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess he is lol, it's amazing how they know when to help, he took some time to learn when to help & when not to in which I just used "ah aht!" with redirection & he wants to please so he learns quick, when we go in the stalls with the horses or if I go to get one out, he rushes to the door to see if there is anything he can do to help :)

The buddy saga continues :).

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
of course i love him so he does things i consider to be amazing every day LOL but if i put them all on here i would never get through with the list, so i stick with the hylights LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts